Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: HondaCivicEx98 and Tom Civic

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ricardo - Heah man how's the ride? I've been busy with school and workng on my hybrid(+ some work on my local rides). Everything is starting to come together. But now it is SNOW'N.......so, no more run-n-gun tuning til' next spring. The coupe is on hold til' the hybrid is running properly. Keep in touch big dawg biggrin


    TOM - My '95 SC EX Coupe started off as an automatic. In '98 I had it converted to 5-spd('94 SI tranny) w/ the help of a local VW shop. You can use any 92-00 EX/SI tranny.

    Here is my basic set-up:

    JRSC(6psi)& Nos 25 shot,JG TB, Stillen 4-1 header(JUNK), HKS 2 1/4 exh.(quiet), RC 310's, '93 Lude VTEC fuel pump, Cartech FMU, B&M FPR w/ gauge, MSD 6 BTM w/ Blaster SS Coil(both uninstalled), APEXi SAFC(1gen), Autometer Boost/Air-Fuel/Fuel Pressure gauges, Centerforce D/F clutch, Act lighten flywheel, Eibach Pro's, Tokico Illuminas(JUNK), Tenzo Front/Rear Strut tower braces

    Note: Stillen 4-1 header is $hit.........product of a really bad buy when I was NA. I took out the MSD 6 BTM w/ Blaster SS Coil out cuz of now gains with or without. When I was NA auto I was running 16.8-17.2's............after 5-spd conversion I was able to run 16.1-.2's.

    ------------------
    TEAM GREASE MONKEY

    1995 Civic EX w/ JRSC(6psi)
    * Best 1/4(Street tires):[email protected] w/o NOS
    * Best 1/4(slicks): 13.98@101mph w/ NOS

    ** DYNO RESULTS **
    137hp and 119ft-lbs 4th(6700rpm), 8 BTDC, Temp. 71deg

    1992 H22 Civic VX Hatch......................here comes da BOOST

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Tom Civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2000
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice mods. I want a 5-speed swap now too. Where's the best place to buy all these parts for a good price? www.sohfast.com wants to sell it all to me for a 1,500 including an act clutch and lightened flywheel. Any tips for me? I got an auto civic ex auto w/jrsc, short intake, stock header, and thermal 2.25" cat-back.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Def's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2000
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    $1500!!! That's highway robbery for D series stuff! Unless of course that comes with a really high priced lightened flywheel and clutch.

    If you're on a budget, why not look around the local junkyards for the stuff? Could probably find everything minus a clutch for ~$500-600. Then why not just take the heavy stock flywheel to a machine shop to have a couple of pounds taken off of it? Isn't the stock weight about 18lbs? You could safely take that down to 14-13lbs and get a bit of performance out of that and probably save $200 or more over a lightened flywheel.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Tom Civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2000
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well that includes a sohfast lightened flywheel and act clutch.

    I would like to buy it from a junk yard, but what parts would I need? Will the junk yard remove it for me? What should I look for when buying stuff from the junk yard?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tom - Woooooh......that is a litle high. Dude you can pick up a complete D16 conversion for under $1500. Shit, most of the time they will even come w/ aftermarket parts. No need on the lightened flywheel, it made NO noticeable difference.

    Parts Needed:
    #1 - Tranny w/ mounts
    note: auto tranny mounted slightly different than the manual tranny(15 deg difference)
    #2 - clutch master cylinder w/ reservoir
    #3 - clutch slave cylinder
    #4 - man. tran pedals cluster- gas brake, clutch
    #5 - manual tranny axles
    #6 - Shift linkage w/ shifter and knob
    #7 - P28 manual ecu
    #8 - manual starter....note: I'm still using auto

    ACT PRICING(NIPPON):
    Heavy Duty Pressure Plate $ 159.95 (50% Increase, Part #H-010)
    Street Disc w/ stock lining $ 49.95 (Part #HSD802)
    Street Disc w/ hybrid lining $ 105.95 (Part #HSD802S)
    Release Bearing $ 36.95 (Part #RB820)
    Pilot Bearing $ 8.00 (Part #PB1002)
    Alignment Tool $ 5.00 (Part #AT59)

    Check on the hybrid site......they are always selling things dirt cheap.
    http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/forums.html

    Good luck..............
    Regg



  6. #6
    Inactive Member Tom Civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2000
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    why do I need a new starter?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You don't............it is just part of the conversion. Since I have an auto starter(instead of manual), you don't have to engage the clutch to start the car. It is really up to you........no big deal biggrin

    Good luck.........gotta bartend

    Regg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •